Re: brasero requires gvfs

Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> writes:

> On Sun, 14 Sep 2014 15:11:50 +0200
> lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:
>
>> Martin Read <zen75502@zen.co.uk> writes:

>> > [...]
>> >
>> > The best place to ask would be the user community discussion spaces
>> > (mailing lists / web forums / IRC channels) for KDE and/or for
>> > Gentoo Linux.
>>
>> Hm, I think I'll subscribe to the Gentoo mailing list and ask what
>> their position about systemd is.  I doubt that by using Gentoo, you
>> could evade systemd ...
>>
>> Not that I'm using KDE, but when you now can't have a fully functional
>> Linux system as you could have with sysvinit without depending on
>> systemd, then it's really time to look for alternatives to Linux.
>
> I a significant reason I avoid KDE, Gnome and Unity, is the same reason
> I'm trying to avoid systemd: I believe that the more everything depends
> on each other, the more places bugs can hide. This is why I use
> software like Xfce, LXDE, Openbox, dwm, etc, and stay away from the
> Gnome and Unity desktop environments, and KDE destkop environment
> *and* libraries and executables.

It seems that we soon will need to avoid all software to avoid
entanglements via systemd.

> Here's an irony for you: I moved from Ubuntu to Debian to avoid
> entanglement, like Plymouth and lightdm, and a couple months after I
> moved to Debian, I found out about systemd.

That's the problem, no matter where you move, you'll find out the
disadvantages only later.  This has become worse now because there's one
thing you cannot avoid, and it's called systemd.

--
Knowledge is volatile and fluid.  Software is power.