Re: End of hypocrisy, beginning of reason

On Tue, 5 Aug 2014 17:57:02 -0400
Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:

 > journalctl SYSLOG_FACILITY=4

Thanks!
But why '4'?  Why not '42'? Or even better...
journalctl show auth
journalctl show apache2
journalctl show postgresql
or even better still
journalctl show -v postgresql

and I found the '-o verbose' option to output lots of detail per entry.

However, I can see that this is going to take awhile to sink into my
steel sieve like mind...

BTW...
I tried SYSLOG_FACILITY=0 [through] 10

I tried SYSLOG_FACILITY=kadhfkjdahfkldhasdflkdasjf
and got the first line of the log.

I tried syslog_facility=4 [this doesn't work -- apparently the option
is case sensitive and in the reverse case of most other command line
options.

The thing looks really cool with lots of toys.  However, there's just no
way to figure out how it works without already knowing how it works.
And the documentation on the official systemd site is quite terrible,
at least so far as I've been able to discover.

--Andrew