Re: End of hypocrisy ?

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 6:37 AM, Andrew McGlashan
<andrew.mcglashan@affinityvision.com.au> wrote:

> My own view is "why systemd" .... fix sysinit instead, where it is
> broken or rather the packages [whatever they are] that don't work properly.

Who should fix sysvinit? The upstream sysvinit developers are DDs and
they didn't do it (I'm not blaming them, I'm just noting that fact).

> systemd gives faster boot times, so what!  I prefer to boot less often
> and run with what works until I /have/ to do a reboot, so it wouldn't
> matter if it took 10 times as long to boot.  Improving boot times is
> just like overclocking for games, it is largely irrelevant and something
> to boast about ... ie, no real benefit.

Boot speed might not be an important feature for you but for
organizations with 1000s of servers, the faster the better.