Re: End of hypocrisy, beginning of reason

On Tue, 5 Aug 2014 15:44:50 -0400
Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:

 >I hear PAM now depends on
 >systemd, for what reason I haven't a clue.

I'd bet last Tuesday's burrito special that you could compile and
install a version of PAM without systemd...

However, it's not all surprising that PAM pulls in a systemd
dependency.  All those services and log files need to be operated using
appropriate users.

cat /var/log/auth.log
or
journalctl 'something unknown by me'

I will readily admit that the first command seems much more logical to
me than the second... but unfamiliarity does not equate to 'bad'.

--Andrew