Re: Personal Recommendations for Free List Compatible Email Service

On Tue, 22 Apr 2014, Doug wrote:

> On 04/22/2014 12:47 PM, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> >
> > I didn't want all the headaches of Google+ (something I'll NEVER use
> > or participate in) just for an email account.
> >
> >> Free does not exist. There is always a price.
> > It was a price I was unwilling to pay.
> >
> >> Unfortunately today the majority chooses free beer over free
> >> speech.
> > Well, I've done a little research, and have found I can have both
> > free beer and free speech. You can get a "free" gmail account
> > without Google+.

> You leave us hanging. What hoops do you have to jump thru?

Let me see if the procedures work first.  They're a couple years old.
Still trying to find something more recent.  One I know won't work as
Google has removed the "old" sign up page.  All sign up links now go to
the new "Google+ too" page even the old one.

If they work, I'll post what I did.