Re: Personal Recommendations for Free List Compatible Email Service

On Tue, 22 Apr 2014, Henning Follmann wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 10:25:18AM -0700, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> > On Mon, 21 Apr 2014, Xiánwén Chén wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Patrick,
> > >
> > > Why not just a second Gmail account for various lists?
> >
> > That was the first thing I considered, but didn't want to be a part
> > of Google+ and all that social networking crap Google pushes on
> > gmail applicants.
> >

> I do not know what you are expecting.

I didn't want all the headaches of Google+ (something I'll NEVER use
or participate in) just for an email account.

> Free does not exist. There is always a price.

It was a price I was unwilling to pay.

> Unfortunately today the majority chooses free beer over free speech.

Well, I've done a little research, and have found I can have both free
beer and free speech. You can get a "free" gmail account without
Google+.