Re: Personal Recommendations for Free List Compatible Email Service

On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 13:38:06 -0700
Patrick Bartek <bartek047@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello Patrick,

>I don't need lots of storage or big attachment sizes (or any
>attachments really), but I do need IMAP, so I can use Claws.  It must be

You don't need IMAP to use Claws.  However, if you're set on using IMAP,
the following may be useful.

http://www.inbox.com do IMAP & POP/SMTP, but limit you to 5GB, which is
fine for text stuff, but if you have lots of big(-ish) attachments,
space might become an issue.

http://www.yandex.com do IMAP & POP/SMTP with a 10GB mailbox when you
sign up.  As soon as you get to within 200MB of that limit, it's
increased by 1GB.  The help files don't specify, but seem to imply that
the mailbox capacity will increase by 1GB every time you approach your
current limit.

http://www.zoho.com do IMAP & POP/SMTP.  Mailbox size is 5GB on a free
account.

Http://www.mail.com do IMAP & POP/SMTP.  They *say* they charge for
those services, but I can log in and do POP/SMTP, without paying them a
penny.  I can't find a size limit for the mailbox, but the T&Cs indicate
there is one (...for your contract type...)

I use all of the above with Claws via POP/SMTP, don't pay for them (they
all have free accounts) and have no problems.

Occasionally, authorisation fails when fetching/sending email to these
accounts, but it's never been a problem that occurred more than once a
month, and has always been rectified within an hour (I poll for mail
every 15 mins with CM).

>FYI: If I don't get replies -- because of Yahoo my posts don't get
>mirrored back to me -- I can't know if this got through.  So, at

Most lists I'm on (the ones run using mailman) have an option to send
the poster an acknowledgement of their post.

--
 Regards  _
It's not your heart, it's your bank I want to break