Re: Personal Recommendations for Free List Compatible Email Service

On Mon, 21 Apr 2014, Xiánwén Chén wrote:

> Hi Patrick,
>
> Why not just a second Gmail account for various lists?

That was the first thing I considered, but didn't want to be a part of
Google+ and all that social networking crap Google pushes on gmail
applicants.

Also, I have an Android-based phone and was concerned that list mail
from another gmail account would automatically show up there just like
my grandfathered account (no Google+, etc). A 100 mails per days? The
phone beeping each time a mail shows up. No thank you.  FYI: You're
forced into having a gmail account with an Android phone. But that was
okay as the grandfathered account is for business, and I wanted those
mails sent to the phone.

However, gmail is still in the running. I've discoverd there are ways to
opt-out of Google+ etc when opening a new account or with an existing
one. But Google doesn't make it easy.

Don't know yet if all gmail accounts will get their mail sent to the
phone or not. (Probably not) But more investigation is needed.  I want
to be sure.