Re: Personal Recommendations for Free List Compatible Email Service

On Sun, 20 Apr 2014 19:58:39 -0700
Patrick Bartek <bartek047@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello Patrick,

>IMAP was the recommended way to access free Yahoo Mail with an email
>client.  You had to convert to a paid account to get POP access.  Don't
>know if that's still the case.

I had a yahoo and gmail accounts, never paid for them, and accessed both
using POP/SMTP.  Never heard about having to pay yahoo for POP/SMTP
access.

>Have read about all of them.  Only zoho.com got a mostly (50%) good
>rating.  The others got 3 or 4 "bads" for every "great."  There
>wer no inbetween rating for any.  They were either great or
>awful.  Thanks for the suggestions.

NP.  Just remember that people that do these reviews are far, *far*
more likely to post when things go belly up.  Also, they will ignore all
the evidence pointing to them (the reviewer) being at fault.  Now,
that's not to say that these companies have their down sides, just that
I've never had any issues.

>I used to get all my posts and replies mirrored back until a couple of
>weeks ago they stopped.  I didn't change anything.  I think it's
>Yahoo's authentication problems with the list that's the cause; hence
>the switch to another email provider to see if I'm correct.

Yes, it's all to do with yahoo.  Their DMARC policy changes have caused
some *major* heat.  Not /quite/ as much as the Heartbleed bug, but in
certain quarters.....

>Again, thanks for the suggestions.

And again, YW.

--
 Regards  _
They said we'd be artistically free, but that was on a bit of paper