Re: Debian Wheezy - HP Pavilion dm1

I want to update the thread; my computer clicked again (with a strange beep noise) while shutting down. I am still using Debian Wheezy Xfce, with gvfs removed. Thus, I can confirm that gvfs is not the real cause of the problem.

The only applications open were VLC and my web browser. I am not sure if they had anything to do with this noise and click problems anyway.

I am considering to change my hd soon; but I may also install another distro like opensuse or fedora instead of a debian based one (although I would like to stay with debian). I haven't made up my mind yet.