Re: Debian Wheezy - HP Pavilion dm1

On 21/10/13 05:07 AM, Curt wrote:
On 2013-10-21, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:

Sureyya Sahin wrote:
Just to update, the hdparm command gives me:
	Advanced power management level: 254
I guess the value would be 254. I will try to set it permanently if I can.

Set it permanently to 254?  Or to something different?

My understanding is that he executed the command

hdparm -I /dev/whatever

and he got back an apm level of 254, which is what the device has
defaulted to without any intervention on his part.

Yes, Curt I issued the command and ended up with some information including the part I posted and I thought is relevant. I am interpreting this as follows:

Currently, with the data I already posted from the output of smart, I am having a low value at around 35 perhaps. When I issue the hdparm command, I am obtaining a value of 254 which would be the ideal one for my computer. Thus, I will add the scripts described in the article to set it to 254 and to relieve the symptom.

Am I correct?
S. Sahin