Re: Debian Wheezy - HP Pavilion dm1

Sureyya Sahin wrote:
> Just to update, the hdparm command gives me:
> 	Advanced power management level: 254
> I guess the value would be 254. I will try to set it permanently if I can.

Set it permanently to 254?  Or to something different?

The drive parameters such as the Advanced Power Management feature are
not permanent.  Every time the drive is powered off any new settings
will need to be set again.

The hdparm way to do this is to set up a config in /etc/hdparm.conf
that configuration the value to set it to.  Example:

/dev/sda {
        apm = 254
}

With the above it will do the setting at boot time automatically.

Bob