Re: ANDROID

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 07:40:27AM -0400, Celejar wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 17:17:32 +1100
> Charlie <ariestao@skymesh.com.au> wrote:
>
> >  On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 09:59:10 +0400 "Reco recoverym4n@gmail.com" sent
> >  this:

> > >May be. But they are right kind of nuts in today's crazy world.

> > I agree with Reco. FSF: The right kind of nuts.
> >
> > What kind of software do people want? The kind that puts them on the
> > drip feed even after they pay the first time? They can have that if
> > they want. Linux people use Linux because they don't want that. They
> > are not forbidden to use it, much of it is not in Linux, but the choice
> > to use it is there in other operating systems.
> >
> > I've never tried mint because Debian does what I want/need/desire. The
> > grass is green enough here, I have no need to journey to the fence.
>
> The point here is that the FSF, who you consider "the right kind of
> nuts", *discourages* you from using Debian.

GNU are free to express their option about 'freeness' of Debian.
GNU are free to make their distribution based on Debian suited to their
taste.
Note, that GNU approach to the software worked for 30 years, and did so
successfully.

Debian project is free to express their option about GNU.
Debian project may take GNU position into a consideration (removal of
firmware blobs from Linux kernel is a fine example of that), or ignore
it (invariants in GNU documentation are non-compliant with DFSG).
Note, that Debian approach to the software worked for 20 years, and did
so successfully.

Debian uses GNU software, GNU uses Debian as a base for one of their
Linux distribution and a primary development platform for GNU/Hurd. Both
are more or less happy with this situation.

You, for some strange reason - is not.

Reco