Re: Debian Wheezy - HP Pavilion dm1

Take a look if Suse by default does use hdparm for this purpose. I doubt
this! There for sure is a reason that the HD's default is as it is.

The distros that do cause the issue on your machine has to be informed
about it. If nobody expiring this issue does report it to the distro's
bug tracker, they can't fix it.

OK, I tried to report a bug on this issue using reportbug. But I am not sure if I was successful. There was a warning that I skipped about exim4 thus I am not really sure if the email was sent to the reporting system.

Is there another way to send the bug?

S. Sahin