Re: How to format the command output like MySQL output

On 10/21/2013 7:23 AM, Dan Ritter wrote:
On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 11:17:44PM -0400, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 10/19/2013 9:17 PM, 陶治江 wrote:
于 2013-10-20 0:53, Lars Noodén 写道:
On 19.10.2013 19:35, 陶治江 wrote:
[snip]
I think it seems good like this, but I do not know how to make out
it.(someone says awk, sed may help, but the environment does not
permit it). Is there some libs or tools can help make output result
good and elegent?
[snip]

Perl would be the next step up, but if awk is not allowed then perl
certainly won't be.

Regards,
/Lars

yes, the whole system size a extremely limited, so the only possible way
is to find a suitable C lib to handle this.

What a big task!!!!

How do they expect you do to your job if they won't give you the
necessary tools?

While that's a reasonable question to ask for most jobs, I
suspect that the poster is developing (or developing on) an
embedded system with extremely limited storage space.

-dsr-

That could be. But if it's so limited he can't load AWK or SED, then he won't be able to load scripting languages. He'll have to write something in C or a similarly compiled language. But then it's also obvious from the question that he's not familiar enough with programming to know how to do it.

Also, SED is only about 52K and mawk about 95K (plus any necessary .so's, of course). Even on embedded systems that isn't a lot. If he's that tight, it's going to be hard to even get a C program in there.

And what's he going to do with something gets upgraded and needs more space?

P.S. Please do not CC me. I am subscribed to the list.

Jerry