Re: oh no something is definitly wrong adieu debian.

Le 30.08.2013 12:59, Phi Debian a écrit :
Amazingly I needed to do a check on ubuntu raring, so I quickly setup
a raring guest. And as I am at it, dit the
panel->properties->[background] test, and it got killed with out any
'oh no' message, so even harder to understand what happen :) I may be
back to debian for raring era :)

So this is more a general GUI linux world problem, all distro's are
victimised by questionable bus architecture, then wanted to get as
nice as MAC, and got as worth as windooze :) (just kidin, don't
flame).

And about opening a ticket, well why opening at debian since it is general...

I am not involved enough to know the process of reporting this....

Cheers,
Phi

Debian have a tool named reportbug, which should be installed by default: http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=reportbug&searchon=names&section=all

Maybe you could use it. I did once, for a package on which I discovered a dependency bug (one of the real dependencies was not in aptitude, so the program crashed on my minimal install of Debian.). It is a command-line tool, but it uses a sequence of questions quite clear, if you want my opinion. It seem there is another one, "reportbug-ng", but never tried it.