Re: oh no something is definitly wrong adieu debian.

On Fri, 30 Aug 2013 17:35:39 +0200
berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:

> Le 30.08.2013 05:04, Phi Debian a écrit :
> > Hi Gary,
> >
> > Thanx you for getting back to the original post :) while I admit I
> > > did learn a bit of history about distro, display manager,
> > > etc... :)
> >
> > [snip]
>
> And what about cloning the git of vncserver, install development
> dependencies, and configure/make/make install? That would mean you
> would have fixes from vnc server's team, so that bug would be absent
> like in Ubuntu, and you could stay on Debian.
>
> There should be no big conflicts, since "usually" make install will
> install in /usr/local/. The only thing I can think about is that you
> will need to update it by hand, with git pull/make/make install. (and
> people here could know how to suppress that problem, but not me :) )

You could use 'myrepos' to control the git sessions, when to update
your local repo its just a simple 'mr update' and let it roll. Makes
life a lot simpler :)

Sharon.
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, LibreOffice 4.1.0.4
Registered Linux user 334501