Re: oh no something is definitly wrong adieu debian.

Hi Zeenan,

I can not contribute in this area for two reasons, I am not
knowledgeable in the X11, DM area, and my duties leave me little
cycles to ramp this knowledge up.

An additional 'may be' reason is the total lack of starting point,
even the kernel when it panics gives some clues where to look for.
Well someone in the GUI area would look in relevant log file I suppose
but I don't have a clue what they are. I am not the kind of person who
give up easily on bugs, but on this one I am totally out of the loop.

I am half way about your description, my main server is still squeeze,
my secondary is precise for the time being, so I can progress, I wait
for a little while this way, see if a fix shows up, I would be glad to
get back on wheezy for my day to day work.

The nature of the problem, the number of hit on the net (linux gdm oh
no something went wrong 31.400), and the abscence of a solution while
most of the hits started back in April 2012, led me to think this bug
is here to stay, and as I said when you loose confidence in you GUI
you are reluctant to loose all your on-going work (like the BSOD era)
:) ) so will see how it goes.

As I said at the begining, I am almost sure that it is not debian team
fault, just the questionable universal move to gdm3/dbus/nameit that
is apparently not really stable.

Cheers,
Phi