Re: oh no something is definitly wrong adieu debian.

On 8/30/13, Phi Debian <phi.debian@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well I need to move forward and get a more recent linux as squeeze, I
> did try ubuntu and it worked, same vnc4server, got some cycle about
> how to eliminate unity, how to 'fallback' gnome and get my desktop
> customised my way. So as some said, watever works, I moved, but after
> all this years on debian, I felt a bit sad that it can be destroyed by
> the gnome3 chain (again no finger pointing, dunno what wrong there,
> but the complexity is so that it never has been fixed) go no option
> but leave, because I can't stay on squeeze (for verious reasons), and
> I can't miss vnc4server running. So I move, not too far though I still
> have my apt-get on ubuntu.
>
> If someone come with a fix for the trivial test case, fresh wheezy
> install vnc4server (no need to try anohter one, it as proved to be
> good on ubuntu), and from a vnclient do a simple top panel properties,
> background tab select solid color then slide style it is enough to
> definitly crahs you server to never be able to restart it.

If you are not able to spend the time to assist (if there is someone
to hear) the bug-squashing, and you cannot wait because you need your
production servers running, and there is no quick option here, then it
seems you have no option but to leave Debian.

To me it seems a little sad that you get "all these years on debian"
but are not able to contribute toward fixing of this bug - but sounds
like your circumstances do not allow this, which is unfortunate for
Debian.

Ubuntu is not too far removed (yet) from Debian, so should basically
satisfy you I imagine.

Good luck
Zenaan