Re: oh no something is definitly wrong adieu debian.

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 07:18:57PM +0100, Joe wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 21:04:40 +1200
> Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
> >
> > Hint: unstable does not mean buggy.
> >

> In theory.

And in practice. All software has bugs, and hopefully most of the
showstoppers are caught before the package passes to testing, but that
is not the reason unstable is called unstable.

> LXDE has been uninstallable for weeks after being broken by an update
> and the Iceweasel in the repository has four grave bugs. There's a bug
> somewhere systemy, I think in GTK, which makes a number of scroll bars
> misbehave.

Unstable was, IIRC, referred to as the developers playground.

> Synaptic has been occasionally freezing, sometimes taking
> the whole X display with it, for some weeks.

Is this just for you?  As an unstable user[1], the onus is on you to help
track down these issues.

[1] Also, can be misinterpreted. :)

oppressing." --- Malcolm X