Re: oh no something is definitly wrong adieu debian.

On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 21:35:24 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 2013-08-28 at 19:18 +0100, Joe wrote:
> > I think in GTK, which makes a number of scroll bars
> > misbehave.
>
> There is a bug still present for current "stable" releases from
> upstream. Again, I use the term stable here for the official stable
> releases from _upstream_, not for Debian stable. Debian, even Debians
> experimental usually is behind official stable releases from upstream.
> However, the known bug is, that sometimes the mouse wheel doesn't
> work, when the cursor isn't above a scrollbar, but e.g. inside a
> window.

No, this is also a known one, also from upstream: when the mouse is
clicked below the thumb in a scroll bar, the thumb jumps to the mouse
pointer instead of scrolling one page. Right clicking does scroll by
one page, and I thought this was an intentional change of user
interface, but it isn't, and it will be fixed with low priority.

--
Joe