Re: oh no something is definitly wrong adieu debian.

On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 21:04:40 +1200
Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 01:29:58PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >
> > I explained that you can't do that, if you experience a dependency
> > hell or an unstable environment. To contribute that way users and
> > developers need stable up-to-date releases of software + sometimes
> > newer releases than the current stable releases. Debian doesn't
> > provide a stable branch that is up-to-date, in sync with stable
> > releases from upstream, even the unstable branches of Debian don't
> > provide this.
>
> Your confusion over the words "stable" and "unstable" certainly
> doesn't help here. Does that paragraph really make sense to you?
>
> Hint: unstable does not mean buggy.

In theory.

LXDE has been uninstallable for weeks after being broken by an update
and the Iceweasel in the repository has four grave bugs. There's a bug
somewhere systemy, I think in GTK, which makes a number of scroll bars
misbehave. Synaptic has been occasionally freezing, sometimes taking
the whole X display with it, for some weeks.

And they're just the ones I'm aware of at the moment... no real
showstoppers, but definitely buggy.

--
Joe