Re: oh no something is definitly wrong adieu debian.

On Tue, 2013-08-27 at 21:16 +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> On 8/27/13, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> > You're free to consider the distros you mentioned as the best distros,
> > but by doing this you miss a basic approach of FLOSS. There isn't such
> > as a commercial competition, or radical political model.
>
> What you say does not make sense.
>
> You are free to ignore most (or all) of what I say, and to make
> assumptions about things I have supposedly considered or said.
>
> Free to do so, but not useful...

What branch of Debian do you recommend to contribute in development of
important Linux userspace projects?

I explained that you can't do that, if you experience a dependency hell
or an unstable environment. To contribute that way users and developers
need stable up-to-date releases of software + sometimes newer releases
than the current stable releases. Debian doesn't provide a stable branch
that is up-to-date, in sync with stable releases from upstream, even the
unstable branches of Debian don't provide this.

Wouldn't you call this a drawback for the evolution of Linux, while it
has less, if any advantages to go this way?