Re: oh no something is definitly wrong adieu debian.

On Wed, 2013-08-28 at 21:04 +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 01:29:58PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >
> > I explained that you can't do that, if you experience a dependency hell
> > or an unstable environment. To contribute that way users and developers
> > need stable up-to-date releases of software + sometimes newer releases
> > than the current stable releases. Debian doesn't provide a stable branch
> > that is up-to-date, in sync with stable releases from upstream, even the
> > unstable branches of Debian don't provide this.
>
> Your confusion over the words "stable" and "unstable" certainly doesn't
> help here. Does that paragraph really make sense to you?
>
> Hint: unstable does not mean buggy.

This isn't about "Debian stable" and "Debian unstable", it's about the
need to have an environment that has got the needed stable releases from
upstream installed. You need this, when you e.g. want to contribute to
large projects such as GNOME or some other projects that depends on tons
of libraries.

As I already explained, even "Debian experimental" does not comes with
the current stable branches from upstream.