Re: administration of initscripts

> > I believe very strongly that it is. universality with Linux supporting
> > smaller and smaller Arm chips is part of what I was touching on in the
> > paragraph you had a hard time deciphering. This is something BSD is
> > having a hard time competing with atleast in my experience of wanting
> > to be able to use BSD.
>
> OP did not mention trying to run all this on a very small ARM system.
> And it would have to be a very small ARM system to not be able to handle
> systemd (I've got it running on a raspberry pi without any issues).

And did it boot slower than with init scripts and waste valuable
memory. Lookup systemd on the buildroot list and you will see. Debian
may run on even a cheap toaster one day but systemd would causes issues
when that is possible.

> *You* may discount using systemd because you want to run init on a tiny
> ARM system, but this thread is about the OPs problem, not a general init
> rant fest.

I discount systemd for many reasons. All I have beeen meaning to say is
lets not shout about it and users should look up about systemd before
you learn to use it as you may regret it down the line.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)