Re: administration of initscripts

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 09:52:04PM +0100, Kevin Chadwick wrote:
> And did it boot slower than with init scripts and waste valuable
> memory. Lookup systemd on the buildroot list and you will see. Debian
> may run on even a cheap toaster one day but systemd would causes issues
> when that is possible.

In my case it booted somewhat faster (nothing much to shout about though)
and I have not experienced any issues with its memory consumption. I've
stuck with it mainly for the ease-of-use of managing services once
booted.

> I discount systemd for many reasons. All I have beeen meaning to say is
> lets not shout about it and users should look up about systemd before
> you learn to use it as you may regret it down the line.

I'd hope that people would investigate any suggestion put forth here
themselves.