Re: administration of initscripts

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 10:21:02PM +0100, Kevin Chadwick wrote:
> I believe very strongly that it is. universality with Linux supporting
> smaller and smaller Arm chips is part of what I was touching on in the
> paragraph you had a hard time deciphering. This is something BSD is
> having a hard time competing with atleast in my experience of wanting
> to be able to use BSD.

OP did not mention trying to run all this on a very small ARM system.
And it would have to be a very small ARM system to not be able to handle
systemd (I've got it running on a raspberry pi without any issues).

*You* may discount using systemd because you want to run init on a tiny
ARM system, but this thread is about the OPs problem, not a general init
rant fest.