Re: administration of initscripts

> > Yes and do you know it was designed to do just what it does for a good
> > reason in 32 kb of code. Hello world is 8kb
>
> Not relevant to choosing an init system.

I believe very strongly that it is. universality with Linux supporting
smaller and smaller Arm chips is part of what I was touching on in the
paragraph you had a hard time deciphering. This is something BSD is
having a hard time competing with atleast in my experience of wanting
to be able to use BSD.

I also believe using that much processing and memory is fundamentally
flawed for a tool which may only be required to start processes, can
have functionality bolted on easily and users should have the right to
a simple and guaranteed secure and easily auditible init which Lennart
would not allow if he had his way.

And please don't reply to this with his (not his actually) sandboxing
rubbish which a is next to useless and b can be used anyway or the
taking code from daemons and generalising it to make safer daemons
rubbish.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)