Re: administration of initscripts

On Apr 14, 2013, at 10:10 PM, Bob Proulx wrote:

I have been using Debian for many years now.  In all of that time  I
have never wanted to "manage" init scripts.  I always wonder.  What
are people trying to do?

Hi Bob,

For an example of where one will want to "manage" the init scripts, take a look at the thread in debian-user with subject "Serveur with encrypted partition : 2 steps boot." started by erwan@rail.eu.org .

In fact, if you can give any helpful advice on the subject, I'm sure Erwan would be grateful. And so would I, as it happens. I've had a similar problem a couple of times and kludged around it (or decided on a different solution entirely) and I'd love to have a solution that "just works".

Enjoy!

Rick