Re: administration of initscripts

> > I have been using Debian for many years now.  In all of that time  I
> > have never wanted to "manage" init scripts.  I always wonder.  What
> > are people trying to do?
>
> Hi Bob,
>
> For an example of where one will want to "manage" the init scripts,
> take a look at the thread in debian-user with subject "Serveur with
> encrypted partition : 2 steps boot." started by erwan@rail.eu.org .

If you are not using a printer, it is also security 101 to disable it's
listening service.

I quite like OpenRC but am currently looking into file-rc, which I would
prefer if direct changes to it were kept but I will have to find the
time to work out how to do that without using commands like update-rc.d
which are not my preference.

I guess I simply prefer the OpenBSD method of an include file that
would override runlevel.conf and may have to look into adding that to
file-rc or a fork at some point.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)