Re: GRUB location on Dual-Boot with TWO hard drives

On Mon, 2012-10-15 at 15:25 -0400, Wally Lepore wrote:
> Ok Ralf, I will try your suggestions. As soon as I figure how to
> configure my system to log-in as root?

Don't configure your WM/DE to allow you to log in as root. You don't
need this. You only need to be root in a terminal sometimes.

I made a strange test on another Linux:

[spinymouse@archlinux src]$ kdesu thunar
[spinymouse@archlinux src]$ su -c thunar
[spinymouse@archlinux src]$ sudo thunar

Thunar is a GUI file browser. On your system nautilus might be the
default file browser and perhaps kdesu and sudo won't work, but perhaps
gksu natilus and su -c nautilus will work too. FWIW Thunar opens with a
warning, that it's dangerous to use a file browser as root. But it's
still better than to run a complete WM/DE session as root. Since you're
from Windows, perhaps mc is familiar to you. It's similar to Norton
Commander.

If you really won't use command line commands in a terminal emulation as
root, than at least "ncurses" might be something that fit to your needs.