Re: GRUB location on Dual-Boot with TWO hard drives

> Brian wrote: on Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 5:36 AM
>> Wally wrote: on Sat 13 Oct 2012 at 18:49:14 -0400
>> I can still boot either OS (win2k or Debian) simply by changing the
>> boot order in BIOS. Not a big deal. Sure beats swapping drives in and
>> out of the computer. :)

> Login as root and run the command
>
>  update-grub

Hi Brian

Totally appreciate the feedback. If you can be patient I will follow
all your instructions but as you already know, I'm new to Linux.

I logged in as 'root' but the system did not take my password (for
root). I know the passsword is correct. I (obviously) wrote it down
and had to enter it two times during the initial install.

I googled, "debian squeeze, how to log in as root' and found this site that
is suggesting 'How to enable gnome root login on Debian 6 (Squeeze)'.

http://www.pathin.org/tutorials/debian-6-howto-enable-gnome-root-login-on-debian-6-squeeze/

The link starts off by suggesting I log in as user and then enter the
following initial command.

1 | su root
2 | gedit

I went to Applications --> Accessories --> Terminal (I assume this is
how to open a terminal)  and was presented with  terminal window that
said:

myname@systemname:~$ (blinking cursor)

Is this where I'm suppose to be at?

Thank you