Re: GRUB location on Dual-Boot with TWO hard drives

Don't run a X session as root, this is a security risk.

Yes, using a terminal emulation is correct, but

> 1 | su root
> 2 | gedit

isn't ok.

You can, but you don't need to add "root", but if you'll launch GUI
stuff like Gedit, you often must use "su -".

So correct is

su -
gedit

usually in mails written like this

$ su -
# gedit

alternatively you can run one command

su -c gedit

> I went to Applications --> Accessories --> Terminal (I assume this is
> how to open a terminal)

For example, you also could push the shortcut

Ctrl + F2 (IOW hit the Ctrl-key and the F2-key simultaneously)

to launch an app or add a launcher to a panel or the desktop.

Hth,
Ralf