Re: GRUB location on Dual-Boot with TWO hard drives

On Sat 13 Oct 2012 at 00:40:40 -0400, Wally Lepore wrote:

> If I choose NO to the installer's question as to placing GRUB in the
> MBR of the 1st drive. What are my choices as to where to install it? I
> don't want to answer "NO" to the question only to advance the
> installer to a dead end. I have no idea what may happen next if I
> answer NO. Any ideas or suggestions please?

You have chosen not to instll GRUB to /dev/sda because, although it will
work, you do not want the Windows boot loader on this drive to be
replaced. Your desire is to leave this drive untouched. Consequently,
you will not chhoose 'Yes'.

That leaves only one other choice. Either you take it or are condemned
to stare at this screen for all eternity. So, be a devil - press 'No'.
Nothing awful will happen. Promise.

(There are no dead ends using d-i. Pressing the escape key will take you
back to initial menu, where you can abort the install. This is
documented in the Guide).