Re: How to get Bell Canada 3G USB network up?

On 13/06/11 20:37, Brian wrote:
> On Mon 13 Jun 2011 at 17:49:23 +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>
>> Note: shouldn't need to supply your ISPs APN - the modem should have,
>> and supply that when it connects.
>
> Are you sure? I thought the APN determined the type of service requested
> or obtained.

It does (another poster has answered this question for you).

>> ABORT BUSY ABORT 'NO CARRIER' ABORT VOICE ABORT 'NO DIALTONE' ABORT 'NO
>> DIAL TONE' ABORT 'NO ANSWER' ABO$
>> '' ATZ
>
> I'd be inclined to have
>
>    OK	ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0

What is that supposed to do?

>    OK	AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","inet.bell.ca"

The form is correct for INIT2. The OK line is not used in ppp.
(it's a response from the modem)

Cheers

--
We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.
 ~ Bill Hicks