Re: HP DL180 with P212 SAS controller

On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 17:19:15 +0200, owl700@gmail.com wrote:

> Il giorno 12/giu/2011 16.47, "Camaleón" <noelamac@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>>
>> On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 16:33:18 +0200, owl700@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> > Hi, I have proposed an HP DL180 with P212 SAS controller that seems
>> > supported by debian, but I doubt controller
>> >
>> > I wanted to know if anyone has tried it and had no problems with that
>> > controller and Squeeze
>> >

> http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/
WF06a/15351-15351-3328412-241644-3328421-3884339.html

>> Hum... there was a recent thread on this:
>>
>> Squeeze (or higher) on HP DL180 G6
>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2011/05/msg01829.html

> I had seen that thread but i can't find any useful info

No?

Well, I wouldn't worry knowing that the controller is currently supported
by the kernel:

http://kernel.org/doc/Documentation/blockdev/cciss.txt

and there is even a dedicated project for it:

http://cciss.sourceforge.net/

But if you need some kind of certification, better stick to HP servers
that support Debian:

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/software/debian/index.html

Greetings,

--