Re: Torrents killing my conection

On 06/21/2010 03:37 PM, Tim Clewlow wrote:
> As to why this happens at all. Not all operating systems are equal.
> Some systems can send bucket loads of new connections down the line
> very quickly, some (read windoze) have slow IO subsystems and so do
> not send multiple connection requests anywhere near as rapidly. I
> have seen modems (and had to throw them out) that worked fine on
> torrents from windows clients, but crashed very quickly when I ran
> nix/bsd torrent based clients.

For that matter, even different programs (or different versions of a
same program) might behave differently in regard to how many connections
are opened, in how much time, and so on.

--
True, it returns "" for false, but "" is an even more interesting
number than 0.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br