Re: Torrents killing my conection

On 6/20/2010 12:04 AM, ABS Doug wrote:
On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 12:49 AM, Mihira Fernando
<mihiratheace@gmail.com>  wrote:

Do they throttle torrents when protocol encryption is enabled as well ? My
isp here does the same thing with unencrypted torrents but no issues at all
when protocol encryption is turned on.

Thing is, if I'm getting throttled, how come UNR 9.10 works fine? I
eliminated that as a possible issue, am I missing something?

Throttling is just one possibility, and maybe (probably) not even the best guess. It's just a suggestion.

I think throttling is more likely if you open lots of connections, so try using fewer. Beyond about four, you won't see much improvement if you are already receiving at close to your connection's top speed.