Re: Can't restart certain crashed applications without rebooting (in this case Noatun)

OK, I think I solved my problem.

I use a script I wrote some years ago (named kpid) to kill tasks by name
(at the time, I didn't know that killall could do that)--anyway, I
thought my script was using kill -9, but instead it uses kill -15.  So
now I:

   * kill -9 any remaining processes named noatun
   * kill -9 artsd
   * then I can restart noatun

Sometimes it seems that artsd starts automatically before I start
noatun--in the cases when it doesn't, it seems to get started by
noatun.

Sorry for the noise!

Randy Kramer