Re: Torrents killing my conection

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 2:42 PM, ABS Doug <absdoug@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 5:39 PM, ABS Doug <absdoug@gmail.com> wrote:

>If you want to provide more
> info re: jiado & DL through Iceweasel, I'll try it!

It's "jigdo", and it's a great way to download big files for  Debian.  It's the only thing I use to download Debian installer images these days, as it even does the md5 checksum for you.  More info here: http://atterer.net/jigdo/

Ubuntu download might be too small to test, that's why I suggested a dvd download.  The logic is, if you can download large files on the same OS but from a different software platform like jigdo or Iceweasel, you've isolated the problem to be only with the torrent interface.