Re: Torrents killing my connection

On 06/20/10 17:54, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 06/20/2010 04:30 PM, ABS Doug wrote:
> [snip]
>>
>> I rent a room. The router is in a different part of the house. WiFi is
>> included in the rent. I already asked about moving the router, but
>> that isn't gunna happen. The router isn't even mine. I might end up
>> trying to run a splitter at some point, but right now it's just not an
>> option. I do appreciate all the advice. I'm gunna try a safe torrent
>> right now.
>>

> Ah, then it *might* be a problem with your Atheros driver.

Yes, that could be also the reason. But for this, a simple restart of
networking should fix the problem:
$> sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart

This requires that client computer get the same LAN IP however,
otherwise the torrent may need to re-establish all the connections, thus
introducing some "startup delay".

ever having been read.