Re: [OT] GMail troubles [Was: Re: du-guidelines - point 7]

On 7/16/08, Ron Johnson wrote:
>>       An ordinary user might not have resources to have a machine running
>> 24/7.
>
> Why not?

Because I currently am using the services of an internet service
provider who claims to be providing "broadband" access under a plan
where I am metered by the byte, and the allowable limit under the
current plan is 400 MB (total two-way traffic) per month under this
plan (extra pay for more MBs). It's too expensive for me to get a
better plan, and plain not worth the money for the limited needs of
people here at home.

Of course, while I'd love to host my own mini-Mail data center, I
can't afford it.

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah