Re: vim + LaTeX (Was: What am I missing without mutt?)

On Feb 6, 4:10 am, Anthony Campbell <a...@acampbell.org.uk> wrote:

> But I don't use it to produce the actual text; for that I use (g)vim.

It's an author's dream for the same reason that it's a programmer's
dream.

> the text is more or less as I want it I then import it into Lyx for
> working up into the right format.

I haven't tried Lyx. I was always afraid of LaTeX, but I did my last
book (nonfiction, with lots of footnotes, cross-references, tables,
etc.) completely in LaTex. It was not so hard to learn, because there
are so many tutorials (same with mutt), and gives beautiful results. I
found Vim-Latex to be too "heavy", instead I just did a couple of key
remaps for \section{} etc.

For a novel, LaTeX it would be dead simple. I also ended up buying The
LaTeX Companion once I decided to adopt it permanently.

rd
http://dooling.com