Re: What am I missing without mutt?

BartlebyScrivener wrote:
> I used T-bird for years. Also used OOwriter and Word for years. But
> Vim (or Emacs, or whatever text editor you like) is a hundred times
> faster and more efficient than a point-and-click word processor,
> right?

    No.

> Same goes for Mutt vs. T-bird. Faster, totally programmable, and you
> get to compose emails in your favorite text editor.

    No.

    It all depends on the work habits of the individual user.  There are
many cases where mutt's 80s mentality gets in the way of efficient work
on my desktop.  Just as while I am a vim devotee for programming Python
I most certainly would not use it for creating documents fit for
printing.  Yes, I know there's LaTeX, but vim + LaTeX does not work for
me for writing just as OOWriter does not work for me for programming.

--
Steve Lamb