Re: Best File System for partitions over 600GB

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 07:17:40AM -0500, Tarek Soliman wrote:

> The place I talk about has legacy stuff (long forgotten cron jobs on
> random servers) that used to telnet and FTP stuff around)

Eeek!

> I was trying to tell the admins to switch and they said that they were
> told not to, because the legacy stuff shouldn't be "disturbed"
> That's the price of high turnover over 10+ years

Ah yes, the old "it works but we don't know how, so must not disturb
it."

> The other reason is that their VB programmers don't know how to SCP.

Which is precisely what WebDAV over HTTPS is for.  Unfortunately, it
seems as though there are lots "savvy" people who really don't
understand the basics.  I'm not saying everyone needs to be a network
engineer or a computer scientist.  But for crying out loud, even your
below average Joe knows enough to lock his car when he walks away from
it.

Regards,

-Roberto

--