Re: Best File System for partitions over 600GB

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 08:33:19AM -0400, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 07:11:06AM -0500, Tarek Soliman wrote:
> >
> > Is there any compatibility issues as far as versions of X, the server
> > being non-linux (or even not the same distro as the workstation), etc?
> >
> Nope.  X is a protocol, much the same as FTP or HTTP.  If your client
> (or server in the case of X) speaks it, the server (or client in the
> case of X) can speak to you.

What I meant was the situations where the protocol changes in a certain
version of X.

I guess you answered this already. I was thinking more like MySQL in sid
cannot accept auth from MySQL in sarge because the new MySQL uses a
different algorithm in the password handling. (you can of course make it
accept the old ways but that's another issue entirely)

--
Tarek