Re: OT: Re: Why do people in the UK put a u in the word color?

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 11:37:08AM +0100, Wulfy wrote:
> Mike McCarty wrote:

> >Which was my point. Using "Jaegermeister" is locale independent.
> So?  A misconfigured system is no reason for changing the spelling of
> something.  Change the cause not the effect...

Well, it's not really a *mis*spelling.  It's been an accepted alternate
apelling on typewriters and such for at least a century when those
typewriters don't have the proper character on them.  But it is only an
apternate spelling.

-- hendrik