Re: OT: Re: Why do people in the UK put a u in the word color?

Wulfy wrote:
Digby Tarvin wrote:

ISO is not the same as text. Most character sets only display ASCII in a standard way.

Unicode is text...  just not ASCII.

So is Hiragana. So is Kanji. So is Arabic. So is Hebrew. So is Cyrillic.
So?

When I read your original message I see a Cyrillic capital 'D' between
the 'J' and the 'germeister'. If I use vi or cat to view the message, I
see 'J=E4germeister' or 'J0xe4germeister', which is less than clear..

Not if you have your locale set to a UTF-8 locale like en_GB-UTF-8...

Which was my point. Using "Jaegermeister" is locale independent.

[snip]

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.