Re: OT: Re: Why do people in the UK put a u in the word color?

Mike McCarty wrote:
Wulfy wrote:
Digby Tarvin wrote:

ISO is not the same as text. Most character sets only display ASCII in a standard way.

Unicode is text...  just not ASCII.

So is Hiragana. So is Kanji. So is Arabic. So is Hebrew. So is Cyrillic.
So?
Digby said that ISO wasn't text only ASCII was...
the 'J' and the 'germeister'. If I use vi or cat to view the message, I
see 'J=E4germeister' or 'J0xe4germeister', which is less than clear..

Not if you have your locale set to a UTF-8 locale like en_GB-UTF-8...
When I read your original message I see a Cyrillic capital 'D' between

Which was my point. Using "Jaegermeister" is locale independent.
So? A misconfigured system is no reason for changing the spelling of something. Change the cause not the effect...

[snip]

Mike

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Respect the elders. Teach the young. Co-operate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between.