Re: OT: Re: Why do people in the UK put a u in the word color?

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 02:52:17PM +0100, Wulfy wrote:
> Mike McCarty wrote:
> >Wulfy wrote:

> >>Unicode is text...  just not ASCII.
> >
> >So is Hiragana. So is Kanji. So is Arabic. So is Hebrew. So is Cyrillic.
> >So?
>
> Digby said that ISO wasn't text only ASCII was...

No I didn't. Please don't mis-quote me. What I originally said was
	"ISO is not the same as text, Most character sets only
	display ASCII in a standard way"

Let me re-iterate in case that wasn't clear enough. There are many text
formats, of which ISO *is* one. But ASCII is the only subset common to
almost all, and consequently IMHO is the most appropriate for a public
formum where you can't make assumptions about the locale or operating
system of all readers...

Regards,
DigbyT
http://www.digbyt.com